Friday, December 08, 2006

Tears on the treadmill

While doing the usual mileage on the old treadmill, I usually watch the Weather Channel. It's predictable. Every ten minutes is the local forecast. So after 4 times trying to catch the forecast of the day, my stint is done.

Today, 3 minutes into my wiggle walk, as my girls call it, the channel changed to PBS (preprogrammed for recording by my husband) and I was watching and listening to a collage of Pops Holiday concerts. Listening to music was wonderful. And when the sing-a-long segment came on I had tears in my eyes as I watched Santa with the children, both young and old. This is such a magical time of year. There's joy in the air. And tears on the treadmill.

Did anyone catch the forecast today? It might be snowing outside, but a dose of the Pops will keep you warm all day long.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It figures you'd be posting at 6 a.m. Good for you to be on the treadmill so early. Glad you got some unexpected joy while you were there!