Monday, December 04, 2006

Photography

I love photography. I would take pictures all day and night, if I could. One of my favorite subjects is traffic at night. It always amazes me to see how the lights dance across the image. This picture is hung on our refrigerator. Right along side my girls' artwork.

Another outside favorite is taking pictures in the rain. I love the effect of the rain when it smears all the colors together.

Last night, a friend dropped by while I was reviewing the finalized copy of this year's "A Year with Ollie" digital slideshow. She said, "I don't even know these kids, but is this suppose to make me cry?"

I smiled and replied, "I know these kids, and it's good, if it makes me laugh and cry."

All she said was, "It's good."

I love photographing children, especially when they are moving. At Thanksgiving, my niece was spinning around in her dress. I had her spin a few more times, (I don't think she minded), so I could capture her just right. Last night when I was reviewing the T-day shots, I realized I could see through her almost completely.

And I absolutely love looking at photography. At Paulo's Espresso, a small book store/coffee bar in town, he has had some wonderful exhibits. Yesterday a show of nature photography opened. We went early to do some Christmas shopping and admire the shots. We each picked our favorite which we will revisit almost daily for the month.

Mine is the Screech Owl, what's yours?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, how is that traffic?

I can't visualize the headlights moving up and down.

P.H. said...

The majority of the lights are taillights. And the bouncing up and down is from the bumps in the road as we were driving along, too. (camera shake)

Pretty cool, huh!

kris said...

I love telling kids to spin...