Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Can you truly ruin pot roast?

Yes, but it's a forgivable offense, and one my family didn't seem to notice. Despite burning the pan, read here -- coming close to ruining my maple sugaring finishing pan, the meat didn't seem to suffer too much. Or the story goes something like: The family was desperately hungry and would have probably gnawed on the bones of the three month old roadkill raccoon I can still detect parts of on my weekend walks.

Christmas is a time were a usually very busy life becomes even busier. I noticed this yesterday when I was collecting the last of the bottles at the church, (there must be close to 700), and realizing I was going to have to count these at home and return them myself. I soothed my anxiety with the mantra, "A bag a day." Yesterday I returned 120 or so bottles and cans, based upon the cash I received. Today I'll do a few more, in between everything else.

Then around 2 this morning, I also realized that due to my desk top computer failure that I cannot create anymore World Youth Day DVDs. Oh, I still have my images on the hard drive, thank God, but to put them together with the music, I don't have that capability. Then panic set in, except for the copy I lent out a month ago (The promise was made. It would be returned...) did I have another copy in the house? Finally warm enough to rise, but not shine, I found one. Watched it. And put it in a safer place.

So on those overly busy days, pot roast is best.

No comments: