Saturday, December 27, 2008

Have New Cookbook

will cook...

My sister gave me a new maple syrup cookbook from Maine. I haven't been blogging because I have been cooking, concocting and planning. So far it has been Maple Granola to die for, Kahlua that will knock your maple coffee loving socks off, and maple brittle for loosening those tough to reach fillings. Next will be another batch of maple mead. These last few days we are enjoying the last batch that was fermented back in May. It is so tasty with egg nog. (Shhhh .... don't tell Auntie Paula about the Kahlua... )

Each of these recipes takes two cups or more of that golden goodness. I am going through our maple stash faster than "green corn goes through the new maid." But the season will be here in 8 to 10 weeks. I can hardly wait.

Kar -- thanks for the cookbook. It's a total winner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey you did not proper quote the quote of "GREEN CORN GOES THROUGH THE NEW MAID" to the comic genius of Marshall Dodge & Bob Bryan of Bert & I fame. Dodge was a very funny humorist and he use to be a professor in Maine.