Thursday, December 18, 2008

Converging

According to merriamwebster.com converging is:
a intransitive verb: to tend or move toward one point or one another : come together : meet converging paths
2: to come together and unite in a common interest or focus
3: to approach a limit as the number of terms increases without limit

For me, it is Friday into Saturday. Within a 24 hour period there is a Girl Scout meeting, a dress rehearsal, 14 pizzas and a sheet cake to be picked up and delivered, and a play -- all candy-coated with a winter storm. One report says only an inch or two of snow. Others say we'll be hit with upwards of 8.

As I tell my oldest, worry won't solve a thing, but saying a prayer can move a mountain. I'm opting for prayer. And not for me, but for those kids who have been practicing night after night and those Girl Scouts who are so diligently working on their Bronze Award. So. please, if it must snow -- just an inch or two... or more on Sunday.

No comments: