Saturday, June 20, 2009

I DID IT!

This morning I woke up very early, and decided this would be the day I'd publish my book. So I reread it, fixed some things, sent it off, and created a cover. Now I am waiting for the very first copy to reach my house. At which point I will read it again, and then that will be it, ready for prime time and an ISBN number.

It is a quietly exciting day. I've worked on this book for over eleven years, and today is finally here.

What do I like about his book? I like the fact that it is in a small way a memorial to Pvt. William Kouri, who died at the Battle of St. Lo. I like the fact that a teenager finds her way and feels good about her life. I like the fact that there is a book within a book. I like that you really don't know if ghosts exist or not until the end. I like the fact that I finished it. So many times tasks get started and never finished. This was a work that was put down and picked up many times over the years.

Now I can move on to my next book...

5 comments:

Charity said...

That is so awesome!

Laura said...

yay! (clapping from England...)

Amara said...

Ditto! Wonderful and inspiring. I know so many people (myself included) that have always wanted to write a book... and you did it! Congratulations on sending it out. And good luck!

Tammy H. said...

AWESOME! Congratulations! Let us know when we can get it!

Idiot Cook said...

Congrats, Patty Cakes!