Thursday, June 18, 2009

Summer Schedule -- What's that?

After my usual banjo lesson on Tuesday, I went to say the usual, "See you next week," when I realized I wouldn't be. I looked at Arthur and he looked at me. Instead I said, "Let me see how this summer schedule works and I'll give you a call." He nodded. What else could he do. We both have kids. We both know in the summer the world truly does revolves around our children. That life is really busy.

My taxi schedule will be -- minimally, drop off at 9 AM, drop off at 10 AM, pick up at 11 AM, pick up at noon. Most afternoons off, except Tuesday and then music lessons Tuesday and Thursday.

So the usual Tuesday AM banjo lesson won't work. For when I've tried to squeeze a lesson in when I was rushed, I discovered my fingers don't work. Take this past lesson, I was thinking about densities and maple syrup -- the forward roll just wouldn't happen. Instead we talked about chord construction and minor flat fifths and flat sevenths. Density is easy compared to music theory -- but I love both.

I love the banjo. So between summer lessons I'll practice, practice, practice. It would be nice to play some new tunes the next time our music paths cross.

No comments: