Friday, May 10, 2013

A Blessing

Time for my girls to come home from school I see a teen coming towards our backdoor. My first thought was, I didn't know she had jeans like that. Then I realized the pants weren't ours because the youth wasn't biologically mine. He wasn't even a she.

He is one of my religious ed students. And he was walking up the stairs and then scooting away. I ran out after him. He was already in his mom's car to make a get away. She, the mom, all smiles. He had left this beautiful plant on my door step with a two word note: Thank you.

I'm touched and I'm blessed. I've had the honor and the pleasure to watch this young man grow from 6th grade till now in high school. Next year will be Confirmation; I can't wait.

But truly it is I who owes a debt of gratitude to my students.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of the greatest honors - to be thanked by a student, especially a teenager! This will be a moment that you will hold dear.

jeff noel said...

It is in the giving. Well done good and faithful servant.