Tuesday, October 24, 2006

CMC, you've got something there.

Recently CMC blogged about her rollercoaster life. One minute good news, the next bad. One minute she is enjoying the fall weather, the next she is bringing clothes to her dad in the hospital. She wisely concluded that being negative is not a good thing. That looking for the positive in all situations is the better path in life. I have to agree. And my last week can be held up as an example of proof.

Last week I was facing a root canal, on what appeared to be a perfectly good tooth. My laptop, the computer that holds all my phone numbers and the family calendar died. And the oven died. It was not a noteable week, but there had been no trips to a doctor, hospital, or to school for meetings with the principal. We had plenty of food, that didn't require the oven. And was lucky enough to have a quick visit with a good friend I hadn't seen in a while. So by taking CMC's advice to look for the brightside, we were, as the saying goes, made in the shade.

This week I found out the problem with the computer is a broken on/off switch. Not major. My tooth doesn't require a root canal, but it would probably be a good idea if I stop grinding my teeth. And the oven will be fixed, on warranty. No worries.

So thanks CMC for the good advice. If I had wallowed in negativity last week, nothing would have been gained, except a few extra pounds from stress induced over eating.

1 comment:

DawnApril said...

i love root canals.