Tuesday, October 03, 2006

What's wrong with this picture?

When I was little, right about when the earth was cooling and the dinosaurs roamed in my backyard, youngerlings were sent to school to learn. And we did. The ABC's, counting, French, pseudopotential theory; you know the usual stuff.

What is going on now? I send my children to school and then proceed to worry that some madperson will decide our community is their community of choice to find a school for killing.

I admit it. I'm from the old world where children were taught:
To keep their hands to themselves.
Don't hurt other people.
Don't take what is not your's.
BE KIND.
BE HELPFUL.
Treat people are you would like to be treated.

What has happened? If this has anything to do with progress, give me the good old days.
I'm sick of this violence.

Where does this disregard for life start?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For once, I can't think of answer posed on a blog.

DawnApril said...

I'll tell you - it's no one's fault. That's the problem. Zero accountability. No one paid attention to me. No one loved me. No one taught me better. No one taught me. It's not my fault...it's my parent's; it's the government's; it's God's, after all he made me this way. It's not my fault.

Idiot Cook said...

Amen, PtCakes. Sadly, some of my colleagues and I are sometimes worried about the loose cannons we've instructed over the years.

You're right: if you can't be safe at school, where CAN you be safe.