Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Roller Coaster -- one more ride

Ever since CMC blogged on her roller coaster life, I've become very aware of my own ride. The latest go round started last Wednesday when my oldest lost her clarinet. (Going up!) It walked away from outside the band room. After lining up a rental replacement, emailing the band director and talking with the principal, it reappeared in the band room on Friday. (Going down!)

Saturday and Sunday was a scream. We had dinner with my old grad school buddy and I rode my motorcycle on the street. Sweet.

Then twists and turns hit. This morning at 2 AM, the little one woke up with an ear ache. Of all days to be sick -- HALLOWEEN! (Going UP!) Despite a goodly dose of motrin, we were awake for the day. At 7 AM I decided I would take her to school, check in with the school nurse, and see what she thought. Was my little pirate princess too sick to participate in the Halloween parade?

"Yes, the ear is infected. Yes, she needs to see a doctor today?" AND "Yes, she can stay for the parade." (Thankfully, GOING DOWN!)

The parade was wonderful. The wee pirate and her fanciful classmates thrilled and delighted everyone that saw them.

An hour later, at the doctors, it was a confirmed ear infection.

"Can she trick or treat?"

"As long as she feels up to it," smiled the Dr.
(WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE....... Going DOWN some more!)

A quick trip to the pharmacy, antibiotic in hand -- she was back at school for the party. Then we were off to Daddy's for his office trick or treating, before hitting the neighborhood streets.

We now have a mountain of cavity inducing sweet stuff, and three sugar charged children...
(I'm GOING UP to bed!)

2 comments:

Idiot Cook said...

I really don't know how you juggle it all. Hope wee one is feeling better.

P.H. said...

The wee one is back in the pink of things. With the help of antibiotics and motrin.