Tuesday, October 17, 2006

A year ago I wrote...

I'll be 45 soon. In a few short weeks. I have 3 girls and an advanced degree in biophysics to show for all my years. However, the days pass like clothes through my washer. I often say I don't know what will happen in a day until its over.


But-cept for the 45, it's all still true. All the days pretty much start the same. Then somewhere between dawn and dusk, I finished my book for the eighth time, kissed my children, ate turducken, did a little turkey dance, decorated our Christmas tree with friends and family, finished phase one and two of the house painting, painted at the pool, put in a lawn, wrote a few poems, did homework, kissed my children, put up a sugar shack, (Oh, I forgot to mention that, sorry!), went camping (twice this year), kissed my children some more, put the youngest on the school bus for the first time, threatened to dance naked in the street as it drove away, got my motorcycle license, visited a small pox graveyard, and knew that the souls of the departured children still play in those woods.

It's been a good year. Forty-six, ready or not, here I come!

2 comments:

Idiot Cook said...

Hey! I want to hear more about this small pox graveyard. When was this???

P.H. said...

It's on Nobscot Hill, or whatever that Boy Scout Camp is called. I went for a walk there yesterday. It was lovely.

Want to go sometime?