Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Poetry Thursday

What gives me inspiration are the friends that stop by. Here is a poem I have been musing with for a few days... Not my usual style, but I've been working on getting it together for my birthday.

Dear Friends,

Late night walks
Dinosaurs and drawing
Heartfelt talks
Clawfoot tubs for reading

Playdates, boat rides
Magic 'til 2.
Carpools, swimming pools
FC, CMC, MBY --
just to name a few.

Knitting, sewing
A glass of wine, while children sleep.
Niblets, writing
Swimming out to waters deep.

A lifetime, a phone call,
A promise. an ear, a shoulder
Laughter together.

Dear Friends,
I am -- Forever Yours,

ptcakes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww. How sweet.

We love you, too, PTCakes!

Idiot Cook said...

Hey, cool! Ol' FC is in a poem--and a very sweet one at that.

Back at PtCakes! :)