Monday, November 20, 2006

Advice Needed

What do you get the person who has nothing?

We have dear friends. And no matter how hard they work, and both parents work fulltime plus, life is very hard. They're not looking for handouts. They never have, and I doubt they ever will. They make plans to get ahead, and half way to completion they get blindsided back to square one.
The other night while out for a walk we talked about how hard life is sometimes. How unfair it can be. My heart goes out to them. I want to do something. But I can't buy their house, I can't rush time or improve the weather. Maybe a little secret Santa action... Still, I don't want to hurt their feelings or pride. Ideas? Suggestions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I imagine that lending a sympathetic ear is already helpful.

Is it too direct to ask them if there's something you can do to help?

Laura said...

give them something spiritual that has inspired you or given you peace....