Monday, November 06, 2006

Marking time

I know it is the norm to mark time, or age, in years. I'm 46 years old. What does that mean? It means my parents did it, 9 monthes later I arrived, and now 46 years and 4 days I'm still here.

But I'm going to move away from the calendar for tracking age and take up a different approach. I'm now tracking life on friendships. Friends are the biggest component of my new age. Without friends a life is only half lived at best. And when my time comes, I want to check out after a full life.

Smiling is another huge one. A smile can make a day. Maybe it could even save a life. You never know... but I'm not taking any chances.

Acts of kindness will feed into the number. Acts given and acts greatfully received. It can be hard to be accepting. I'll work on it.

Listening, hugging, good morning smooches, shoulders to cry on -- are all in there. Handing off dollar off coupons in the check out line will definitely age me. I've noticed when I hand off the savings, not only do people save money they also smile. It will be a double hit, but I'll take it.

I looking forward to growing very old, very fast, very happy. And to my friends and family who helped me mark age this weekend... I love you all very much. Thank you for being so wonderful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep on smiling, PTCakes, and keep on being a great friend!

You are special to me!

By the way, nice people like you attract other nice people (present company excepted, of course). Enjoyed meeting the women at your birthday party!