Saturday, November 04, 2006

I don't know if I like 46

Since passing this milestone my uncle and a dear friend's father have passed away. My uncle had been sick for a long time. Then one night his life slowly slipped away. Quietly.

My friend's father left in the blink of an eye. And with all of life, there is a lesson here. Live each day as if it is your last. For whenever father and daughter parted company, even to run out for a coffee, she always said, "I love you Dad." And he'd reply, "I love you too." So in that blink of an eye, both knew the love they shared. Despite the fact there wasn't time for words to be spoken.

My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did she really say that? Very touching.

Anonymous said...

My heart to you on the loss of you uncle.
We love you DeeDee.