Sunday, June 17, 2007

One of my favorite photos


I seem to be in a photo phase. It must be the great weather. And finally being able to get outside and get into the garden. Although if you looked at my gardens, you'd wonder... Does she really get out here and do anything?
The corn is up, but I doubt it will be as high as an elephant's eye by the 4th of July. And we have one small tomato fruit on one of our eight store bought plants. The compost generated plants are only a few inches tall. Maybe we'll see fruit in August or September.
The real question is can a ground hog and a gardener coexist? We have a guest in our backyard. Their residence is split between a gapping hole under cover of some day lilies and the beneath the shed. So far, all that is being eaten are the bluebells that grow wild. And those I don't mind sharing. But the tomatoes, peppers, basil, beans and the corn; there is where I drawn the line. So far I've just been keeping a watchful eye for signs of munching.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

is that a polar bear cub? it looks small.

P.H. said...

Yes, it is a cub. This picture was taken 5 or 6 years ago at the Roger William Zoo in RI.

Anonymous said...

I love that exhibit