Monday, June 04, 2007

Rained Out AGAIN!

If your vegetables, flowers, lawn, or small children require watering, just ask me to just think about taking my motorcycle, affectionately labelled, putt putt goes to the moon, out for a ride. Every time and I mean every single time I have thought about going for a ride, or using it to run a quick one person errand, it rains. At first I thought it was coincidence, a freak occurance, but over the past week I haven't had one opportunity to get back in the saddle.

And adding insult to injury, my little, but bigger, brother, who is just learning how to ride got a session on my beloved putt putt. He and his family came for an overnight, and his first session in the saddle. They came, he rode while I went off to a soccer game. On the way to the game I was thinking, "When we get home, I'll take the bike out for a jaunt. No one will mind." Well, halftime at the game, the thunder storms rolled in, the game was rain delayed for 20 minutes, then the sun came out, shooting the humidity up to 110%, as the game continued. (It is possible to sweat standing perfectly still.) And when it was all said and done, the roads were wet, children and other family members were starving for dinner, and the bike stayed in the garage.

Yesterday, was more of the same. I was running to the birthday party drop off and then the dance class photo shoot, when I thought -- After this I can take putt putt out on some church business. The brain synapse responsible for propagating this thought hadn't even completely finished firing when drops of rain started hitting the egg's windshield. Did it rain where you were, or was it just me and my own personal black cloud?

I might as well resign myself to the fact, that the way things are going, I'll forever be a rain out biker babe wanna be. Hmmmm..... on the positive side, maybe I could get in good with the Weather Channel...

Need a forecast, just call me and ask, "Are you thinking about taking your bike out today?"

"The thought did cross my mind. Definitely a day to plan indoor activities."

No comments: