Wednesday, June 13, 2007

End of Year




This picture really doesn't have anything to do with what's going on these last days of the school year. I just like it. There will probably be more of these from the sing-a-long over the next couple of days.


School is just about over. The little one gets out today. The oldest has technically been out since last week. They've just forgotten to close the doors. Or better put, they've installed a revolving field trip/assembly door on the school. In the past three days it has been three different field trips. For the next two days: two different assemblies. Today is the Awards Assembly, starting at 9:00. This allows me 0 minutes after dropping off the two little ones, to race to the assembly. I suspect she not getting one of the dozen or so savings bonds for academic excellence, but she should.


I have never met a student that worked harder than my own. A student that put forth more effort than she has over these past three years. I never met a student who would actually sit and study night after night for the MCAS. I just hope she gets "something": a certificate, a handshake, a pat on the back for three years well done. I can tell her everyday that I'm proud, but all that praise pales in comparison to the school saying just once, "Hey kid, you done well."


Tomorrow is eighth grade graduation. Start time - 9:00. I'll have the little one in tow, as I thank God our last name does not begin with A. Being towards the middle of the alphabet, I have a good chance of being there when her name is called. Still, this assembly is going to be tricky on both ends. The start for the reason listed before and the end... well, I have to get the middle one off the bus. Since she has a half day as well.


And then it will be over. Another year gone by. I remember those first days of school as if they were last week. February break seems only a few days ago, and April break was yesterday. Where does the time go?

No comments: