Saturday, February 14, 2009

Balance in Bali

Ms Gilbert, in her book, Eat Pray Love, is seeking balance in Bali. (Yes, I've moved on from the ashram.) And I have to credit reading her book to adding a certain sense of "It'll all work out in the end," to the tornado of doctor visits we've been experiencing. Presently, this family is an insurance companies nightmare. I'm surprised our dear medical big brother hasn't called and asked, (like the credit card companies do), "Is this for real?"

My calm answer, knitting needles working away -- waiting room to waiting room, as I play taxi driver to my stars, "Yes, do you have a problem with that?" Truly, I should be the one with the problem; me and my own that is, but I don't. For I know that it'll all work out in the end.

Our dear WYD Youth Leader is always quoting Pope John Paul II saying, "There are no coincidences." I wonder if reading this book and facing surgeries can be thought of in that same light. I would like to think so.

No worries, for it will all work out in the end. In the meantime, would you pass the Motrin. :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that everyone is okay. Prayers are with your family.

Anonymous said...

I hope that the medical stuff is working out okay.

MamaDee said...

yes... what they said.... is everything ok? I hope so. You don't sound too worried, so I won't be either, but I look forward to a full update. take care of yourself & the fam! l,dani

P.H. said...

We had two bouts of oral surgery and a twisted knee, but we're good now.

Thanks for asking.

P.H. said...

Oh yeah and a hernia... yet more trips to the docs.