Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oh back in the saddle again...

After driving/riding in a car for 21 hours it takes a day or two to get back into the household swing of things. While doing laundry and putting away toiletries, my thoughts drift back to riding Space Mountain and Everest four times in a row each. They are both lovely rides, and I can't wait to try out the new Space Mountain next time we are down at Disney. Still I find myself smiling the most over conquering Thunder Mountain. Despite being a tiny coaster it was the least of my favorite mountains due to the jarring ride. This trip we rode it only twice and it really wasn't so bad after all. But the Rocking Roller Coaster, after waiting in line close to two hours... we sadly road only once. I remembered it takes its riders over an inversion, but when we went over not twice but three times, in the dark, I knew I needed to get some more background info to feel more comfortable with this ride. The two little ones, a first ride for them both, flat out refused to ride ever again... We will see. They are both proud of their Disney trading pins that commemorate their first rides.

My key for riding a coaster is to always keep a point of reference a few people ahead. When I took modern dance lessons I could never spin about without getting motion sick. The teacher would always lecture on picking a spot on the wall and flipping my head around to remain focused upon it. I was never successful at this and got sick after every class. Needless to say, I didn't stay in dance classes very long. But with riding coasters, spotting was my winning ticket. Except after the surprise to me third inversion on the Rocking Roller Coaster, not once did I feel the least bit woozy.

No comments: