Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Day in Court

My stomach is gray and overcast, like this morning's sky. Today is the day I go to court. It started when I thought I would be a writer, and I got a monthly writing gig for a local rag; all glossy and fancy. And that local rag, though publishing my work, didn't pay me. So from August till November I sent emails and posted letters wondering what happened; and heard nothing. Nothing until I filed a small claim and then lo and behold I heard something. But still I have to go to court.

For some going into a courtroom might be the same as putting pants on at the start of the day. But for me, it's high anxiety.

Forecast calls for sunny and warmer today. I only hope I feel the same by mid afternoon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a lawyer and I can be anxious going to court. Just remember that you have the upper hand, don't let anyone rush you into deciding anything and ask questions from the court staff if you are confused. They are used to helping people. Best of luck to you, let me know how it goes!

Anonymous said...

How did it go? Good for you for going after your due!

P.H. said...

It went well. The personnel at the courthouse were very helpful.