Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Down time, Our time


The girls are home again today; as they were yesterday for the Jewish Holidays. We are taking it easy, knitting, counting cans at the church, (we counted over 800 cans yesterday...), and having lazy days. It's okay. Life on the elementary school track is way too fast. I cooked a turkey this past weekend, so even dinners are lazy sandwiches. I enjoy these times. But I feel the pressure of the schedule pushing in.

For in the back of my head, the voice is saying, "Choir practice 6:45 Wednesday -- don't forget. Girl Scouts on Friday -- get the supplies put together. Dress fitting Saturday -- find the directions to the school. Update the online parish calendar. Laundry, laundry, laundry."

Breath in and breath out. I push it all back behind the comfy couch of our relaxation. We have one more day of just being. Not really on a schedule, but I do have a banjo lesson today and we are heading into the city to hit the Science Museum. And even though I'm driving in -- it's still down time.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIGMAMA

No comments: