Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hit the ground running

Five day weekends should come with disclaimers: "It is a recommendation of the surgeon mother that the partying and merry making only go on for four days, max. For if you party and make merry on the fifth, getting back into the daily schedule is not a pretty picture."

I woke up this morning, and without putting a toe to the floor, I was already behind. Kitchen still a disaster from cupcake baking and camping remnants. Living room floor to ceiling with clean laundry waiting to be folded. And to top it all off today is the first day for drop offs for the parish yard sale. I have been waiting for this day for months, as my mud room slowly transformed into a holding dock for yard sale items donated from friends and a family.

My feet and mind are running a million miles an hour. Just too bad they aren't heading off in the same direction...

1 comment:

Laura said...

ha! you can finally get rid of that stuff you picked up from my house!

speaking of which, I still have those books for you. can I drop them off before Niblets on Thursday?