Friday, October 17, 2008

I hate VISTA

I was busy writing a cute little piece comparing suburban camouflage garage painting to sudoku, but I am SO disgusted with this horrid operating system called VISTA that I want to throw this inane lap top out the window.

XP was fine thank you. It didn't try to change my file extensions, or make it impossible to list processes. Nor did it require divination to change directories. And what about all those wonderful programs and devices I can no longer use, LIKE MY PRINTER... and scanner... and my DVD software...

My skin is crawling I so despise this operating system. If given the chance I'd brush up my vi and jump windows all together... All together now.

Who in their right mind can finish a book typing via this piece of poo? I will slog through. But it won't be pretty.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is laura from my iPhone
U can get an XP "downgrade" to still have XP on your Vista machine
That's what I got
And I love it
If ur having probs w the new Word
Call me
I figured out some stuff
Love
L

P.H. said...

Our research showed: For my new and not improved piece of poo there are no drivers of the correct type to downgrade to XP.

Anonymous said...

My machine has Vista...also a switch button (switch between windows)..mine is under quick launch but I think when I started it was on the desktop. Install your old XP and then switch? I have no problem with Vista afyer I passworded it so it knew I was 'boss' lol. It might help you to switch though.
Love ya