Friday, October 31, 2008

Gifts in all shapes and sizes

-- I went to the local Ace Hardware Store to find out about glazing windows. "Do I really need to use an oil based primer?" There was a commercial painter at the counter. I almost asked his opinion, but then thought better of it. Thinking of him as a doctor and my asking him to give a look in my ears. So while his paint was mixing I asked the associate for advice. "Yes," was his answer. He then loaded me down with paint and brush. As I was leaving the commercial painter came up to me and said, "You'll want to cut that with paint thinner. All external oil based paints are too thick to paint with." He told me his secrets to success, and I thanked him for the gift of his wisdom.

-- While at WYD I picked up some Mother Theresa medals from her sisters. They were "manning" a wonderful exhibit on Mother Theresa. It was an exhibit I doubt I will forget. When I got home I had these medals and wondered to whom they belonged to. For I knew I was just a carrier. After the parish picnic I gave one to each of my closest worker buddies at church. And today I learned that one friend carried that medal into battle and was victorious.

-- At knitting group today I was reassured that friendship is one of the greatest gifts of all.

No comments: