Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Breakfast, Lunch or Editting

With three children, all school age, my mornings are at best chaotic and at worst, a war torn battlefield of family life. I hit the kitchen running, with thoughts of getting breakfasts and lunches gathered before 7 AM. For at 7, it's time to head upstairs to wake the cherubs. SO, tell me, why am I trying to edit a short story I've been working on for weeks?

I have three lunch bags poised and open, waiting for lunch material. There are two salami sandwiches half made lying on the counter, and a package of juice boxes sitting next to the mayo. Two cereal bowls holding a spoon and a vitamin sit on the kitchen table. A toast is well on its way to black, and the tea kettle is whistling, while I'm reading Niblet comments and picking my way through last week's writing group submission.

Thank God, my eldest gets her own lunch and breakfast.

But I'm here, at the computer...

3 comments:

Idiot Cook said...

That's because--FINALLY--you have your priorities straight! ;)

Can't wait to read the revision!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work!

P.H. said...

Blogger is trying to get me to upgrade my site... I am trying to get to the dash board by sidestepping the change. This type of squirelling about is what I used to do it QA.

I found a hole this AM before I created this post. We'll see if I can find another. Once a QA Engineer, always a QA Engineer.