Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Help Blogger is attempting to force me to upgrade!!

I'm from the old school: If it's not broken, don't fix it.

For me, this old time blogger set up works just fine. I log in. I scribble down a few words. I read a few blogs and leave comments; life is good. So for me, I just as soon stay right here in old-time land.

Tonight we've been watching the Star Trek movie that has the Borg. And I've had hours of listening to "Resistence is futile!" Well, Borg and Blogger, my resistence is in the works. Twice now, I've squirrelled my way around in the UI (User Interface) and found holes that will allow me to blog on. (Care to hire me to do QA?)

Of course, this is great for my QA (Quality Assurance) ego. I always loved, and still love to find holes in the code. They brighten my day. It's amazing that a page looks the same in your browser, (Netscape or IE), but depending on how you got there, it can be composed of many different parts that are pulled from various files or values in a database. These inconsistencies lead to holes in the programming. And that is the end of our lesson this evening.

Blog On!

3 comments:

Laura said...

I was forced to switch a few weeks ago, and it actually went much smoother than I expected it would. they kept almost all my personalizations and I figured out how to keep the one thing they didn't transfer over within a half hour.

I know, it seemed like strong arming, but in the end it wasn't that bad. if you have any problems, feel free to ask me about it.

kris said...

You are using a standard blogger template so you probably won't have the problems I had. It still won't let me post a comment unless I leave your blog, log into blogger then come back and write the comment though, which is VERY annoying. But then, I am easily annoyed.

Idiot Cook said...

Yeah, I didn't think we had a choice--one day last week, Blogger made me do it! ARGH. I was annoyed, but like the others have said, it went smoothly.

I think.