Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Don't Feed the Mommy

Last fall I made a highly concerted effort to diet and exercise. It was either that or buy more clothes and enter self esteem classes. So with the girls back in school, I started walking and avoiding the high salty snack foods and breads I crave. On one of my walks I realized I'm a carboaholic.

So I was good. I stayed away from carbs and lost weight, fit back into my clothes and felt better about myself. Then the holidays hit. And I told myself it was okay to have, a cookie here, a cracker there, some cake and some pie. It's been months since the holidays and I'm still fighting to reign in my eating. My clothes are getting tighter, and I find my drive to exercise is waning.

More than once I've wondered if it's better to just give in. And then I remember how great it felt to have looser cargo pants. So, everyday I'll rewage the battle. Taking it a moment at a time.

Hi, my name is ptcakes and I'm a carboaholic. Please don't feed the mommy. Take her for a walk instead.

2 comments:

Idiot Cook said...

Hehehe. I love this piece, especially the last line.

It's hard to walk in these frigid temps. I need a tread mill. But I'll walk with the Mommy and the Big Mama once it gets a little warmer.

Anonymous said...

Oy, can I relate!

Wish you were nearby, so I could walk with you, too.