Friday, January 08, 2010

Dreams and Dinner

Or maybe dreaming of a dream dinner... Or not.

Yesterday I helped a friend pick up a computer desk with our truck wanna be type vehicle. Ten minutes the job was done -- no worries, no strain. Sometimes it pays to have a gas guzzler.

Last night I had a dream this same, truly wonderful friend, asked me to return a sofa to the local furniture store. I was all in a quandary about whether she really wanted me to help her lug this huge piece of furniture out of her house and then drive down the road with it hanging out the back of vehicle. Crazy. In the end all she wanted was a ride to the store to ask the saleman to come and pick it up. Crazier.

Then this morning I am faced with the usual morning dilemma of what to cook for dinner. "It's 6:50, do you know what you're having for dinner?" One of these days I will answer that question with a yes, reservations. I've been doing a lot of cooking this week, soups, stir fried chicken, boulettes, an Italian sausage chili... I'm really not in the mood to cook, and my afternoon cooking time is complicated with appointments. So whatever I come up with has to be ready early.

Maybe a Shepherd's Pie... We have a ton of potatoes...

1 comment:

tammy H. said...

Shepard's pie sounds warm and yummy on a cold day. Glad to see that I am not the only one who is wondering what I am making for dinner most mornings before I even have breakfast.