Saturday, January 02, 2010

R.I.P.

Last Photograph

My camera died. The shutter mechanism is not opening and closing properly. I can hear its failed attempts to operate... I took it apart trying to see and fix the problem.

It will go into the shop, but I suspect this 9 year old camera is about to meet its maker. And it is with mixed feelings that I contemplate a new hand held viewer of the world. This camera has been there for the birth of my last, the many family gatherings, my niece's wedding, World Youth Day in Australia, my brother-in-law's wedding, and a multitude of walks in the woods, fishing trips, birthdays, Christmases, sugaring seasons.

The lens cover went missing too many years ago, and the port covering fell off somewhere in Hawaii. The everyday lens isn't even a digital one, but my old tried and true from my old Elan IIE. So many memories tied up in the over 20,000 plus images captured at my finger tips.

1 comment:

Tammy H. said...

Sorry to hear about the camera. Always hard to say goodbye to old friends. Great picture though, at least it went out with a bang.